If you have received Jesus as your Savior and Salvation, you are now a child of God and are part of His family.
But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become the children of God, to those who believe in His Name. John 1:12
The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God. Romans 8:16
Here are some steps to help you continue to grow in your relationship with Jesus Christ:
1) Start reading the Bible every day: It is God’s divinely inspired Word and will help you to get to know God, His Son, Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit of God. God’s Word is truth. Start with the Gospel of John and then read through the New Testament. The Psalms and Proverbs are encouraging and provide wisdom as well.
You are a child of God and all His blessings belong to you. The Bible reveals everything He wants to give to you.
2) Fellowship with God through prayer, praise and worship: Prayer is just simply talking to God at any time and being quiet to listen to what He has to say in return. Praise and worship of God brings you into His presence through words or songs.
3) Fellowship with God’s people – God’s family: It is important to find a Bible believing church where you can continue to grow and learn about God, to worship and praise God together and experience the presence and power of God through His Holy Spirit. It is important that they teach all the principles found in the Word of God i.e. being saved by grace through faith; healing; walking in freedom from bondage; th righteousness of God in Christ, etc. The Word of God and fellowshipping with other believers will help protect you from the deceptions of Satan. It should be a loving church and one where the fruit of the Holy Spirit (love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; Galatians 5:22) is demonstrated.
4) Confess Jesus Christ as your Savior and share Him with others. You have Good News! Tell your friends. Share your experience with someone else today or tonight. Burn your bridges that link you with sinful conduct.
5) Experience Water Baptism.A local church of believers can provide you with an opportunity to be baptized in water.
Jesus said, “Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you, and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”Matthew 28:19-20
Jesus came to give you abundant and eternal life.
Jesus said “The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.” John 10:10
He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life. These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, that you may know that you have eternal life, and that you may continue to believe in the name of the Son of God. 1John 5:12, 13