In the Old Testament, God set up special days and years (feasts – Leviticus 23) that He used to instruct the children of Israel in worshipping Him and to point to Jesus, the coming Messiah. Jesus is the fulfillment of all these promises of old (i.e. Jesus was born during the feast of tabernacles; died on Passover; rose from the dead on the feast of first fruits and His ministry began in the year of Jubilee). As stated in Luke 4:18, 19; Jesus came to preach to the poor (debt cancellation), heal the brokenhearted (healing), proclaim liberty (same word as Jubilee), recovery of sight to the blind (to reveal the things of God), liberty for those oppressed and to proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord which is Jubilee where salvation and the free favor of God abounds including supernatural debt cancellation!
“The Spirit of the LORD is upon Me, because He has anointed Me to preach the gospel to the poor; He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and recovery of sight to the blind, to set at liberty those who are oppressed; to proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD.” Luke 4:18, 19 (NKJV).
According to Leviticus 25:10, Jubilee is celebrated during the 50th year and is the rest of the entire Sabbath (seventh day) rests, proclaiming liberty and freedom (Leviticus 25). God rests when His work is finished (i.e. following creation and the death of Christ on the cross). Moses gave the law but Jesus brought God’s grace (favor) because we can’t keep the law. He says to come to Him to be blessed, healed, free, etc. We are to enter into His rest by receiving the finished work of Christ on the cross. Israel never received their Jubilee rest because they didn’t receive Jesus. But we can!
Therefore, since the promise remains of entering His rest, let us fear lest any of you seem to have come short of it. For indeed the gospel was preached to us as well as to them; but the word which they heard did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in those who heard it. For we who have believed do enter that rest, as He has said: “So I swore in My wrath, they shall not enter My rest,” although the works were finished from the foundation of the world. There remains therefore a rest for the people of God. For he who has enter His rest has himself also ceased from his works as God did from His. Hebrews 4:1-3; 9, 10.
We must take everything we have learned so far and apply it to our lives while looking at Jesus.
- The Word of God or Bible is God breathed, truth, life, alive, powerful, light, unchangeable, eternal and never fails.
- God is love and He is good.
- Everything God gives us is because of His grace (unmerited, unearned favor and His blessings).
- The Kingdom of God operates by faith and connects us with God to receive His grace and all His blessings through Jesus Christ.
- We were created to have fellowship with God, to reveal His glory and to worship Him.
Jesus is our Jubilee! He is everything that we need and gives us abundant life. In the upcoming blogs, we will look at who Jesus is and what He came to bring us!
- Jesus is God the Son who came in the flesh (John 1:14); Emmanuel, God with us (Matthew 1:23); He is the express image of God the Father and represents the Godhead bodily (Hebrews 1:3; Colossians 2:9); He is one with the Father (John 10:30) and represents Him (John 14:9, 10).
- Jesus is the Word of God (John 1:1; Revelation 19:13).
- Jesus is our Savior and Salvation which means to deliver, protect, heal, preserve, do well, be whole and make whole. Yeshua – Messiah Our Salvation – Exodus 15:2
- Jesus is our Healer. We will discover that it is God’s will to heal as we see in Jesus’ ministry on earth as He came to show the Father’s will and that it is also part of the redemptive plan when Jesus died on the cross and was raised from the dead. Jehovah Rapha – The LORD who heals – Exodus 15:26
- Jesus is our Deliverer ( Moshia’) (my deliverer – Psalm 18:2; 116; 2 Samuel 22:2; Romans 11:26) and Our Righteousness ( Jehovah Tsidkenu – The LORD our Righteousness – Jeremiah 23:6; 33:16). Jesus was victorious over all the power of the enemy and therefore we can be set free from Satan’s grasp. We will look at things that can open the door to bondage and how to walk in freedom through deliverance in the Name of Jesus, by His blood and the power of the Holy Spirit. We must learn to walk in freedom daily. We must have a revelation of our righteousness, identity and inheritance in Jesus Christ!
- Jesus is our Provider and Provision for every area of our lives. We worship God with our tithes and offerings and He rebukes the devourer and blesses our finances. There are Kingdom rules we must follow concerning sowing and reaping (harvest). Jehovah Jireh – The LORD will Provide – Genesis 22:14
- Jesus is our Peace. He has reconciled us to God first. We are to give Him our cares and anxieties in exchange for His supernatural peace in spite of the circumstances. Jehovah Shalom – The LORD is Peace Judges 6:24
We really can live the abundant life if we believe the truth about who we are in Jesus. How we see Jesus determines what we can receive from Him! All that Jesus is and all that He has, God has deposited in us so that we can live the abundant life Jesus came to give us! As we follow Him, He invites us into the supernatural and to bring heaven to earth!