There are many keys to living the abundant life that can be found in the Bible. We have discovered some of them in my previous blogs. I am going to summarize them here before we move on to looking at who Jesus is and what He has done for us. Search the Scriptures for yourself and ask the Holy Spirit to show you more of them as well as how to apply them to your life. I have included links to the blogs that relate to each key mentioned so you can go back to read them in case you missed them or if you would like to refresh your memory and read them again.
1) God is love and God is good. We must have a revelation of this truth in our lives so that we can receive all the blessings He wants to give to us as well as walk in love towards others (John 3:16, 1 John 4:7-12; 1:5; Psalm 65:11; Romans 5:5; 8:28; 13:8; James 1:17).
- Abundant life is knowing that all our sins are forgiven and we are the righteousness of God in Christ (1 John 1:9; Ephesians 1:7; 2 Corinthians 5:17, 21).
- Abundant Life comes through making Jesus the center of our life (Matthew 6:33; Romans 12:2; 6:3, 4; John 4:14).
(See https://alexiscarucci.com/2018/12/24/gods-love-revealed-jesus-our-savior; https://alexiscarucci.com/2018/12/31/god-has-good-plans-for-you-in-2019; https://alexiscarucci.com/2019/01/07/believing-in-gods-love-is-another-key-to-living-the-abundant-life-jesus-came-to-give-you; https://alexiscarucci.com/2019/01/14/loving-god-loving-others-and-ourselves)
2) We experience abundant life through intimacy with the Father (John 4:24).
- We become intimate as we spend time with Him through worship, prayer and meditation on the Word of God.
- We need to know God, His love and walk in His presence (Colossians 1:27).
- Worship brings us into the presence of God where His glory manifests and we step into the glory realm, into the unusual, the supernatural where miracles, signs and wonders occur (Psalm 16:11; 100:4; 2 Corinthians 3:18).
- When we aren’t joyful, we have found our way out of His presence (Psalm 16:11) i.e. discouraged, depressed, angry, etc. We have lost sight of who He is and what He has done for us through the blood of His Son Jesus Christ and by the power of the Holy Spirit.
3) We receive abundant life through the Word of God (John 6:63; 1:1, 14; 10:10).
- In order to know who God is and grow to trust Him, we must read and meditate on His Word, the Bible which reveals who He is, His will and His plan of redemption for mankind through Jesus Christ, His Son (Joshua 1:8; Psalm 119:97-99; John 14:6; Hebrews 1:1-3).
- The Bible has all the answers to our problems and Jesus Christ and His death and resurrection provides all the solutions (Proverbs 4:20-22; 2 Timothy 3:16, 17; Romans 6:23; John 14:6).
- The Bible is alive and powerful and God’s Word changes circumstances when faith is applied (Hebrews 4:12; Isaiah 55:10, 11; Matthew 13:18-23).
- God’s Word is a spiritual weapon to be used against the enemy (Ephesians 6:12-17)
4) Everything God gives us is by His grace and is undeserved, unearned and unmerited (Ephesians 1:3).
- We receive His favor upon us through Jesus Christ and His finished work on the cross (Romans 3:24; Ephesians 2:4-7; 4:7).
- We must receive His grace by faith (Romans 4:16; 11:6; Ephesians 2:8).
- God’s grace saves, sustains, and transforms us (Romans 5:17; Titus 2:11, 12) .
- We need to grow and walk in grace (2 Peter 3:18).
5) We are to live and walk by faith (Romans 1:17).
- Faith comes by hearing the Word (Romans 10:17)
- We must believe it, speak it, act on it, and walk in love (2 Corinthians 4:13; James 1:22; Galatians 5:6).
- The Kingdom of Heaven operates by faith and so we must (Hebrews 11:6)!
5) Following the Good Shepherd leads to abundant life (Psalm 23).
- We are His sheep and follow His voice (John 10:27) by His Word (Psalm 119:105; 32:8) and through the inward witness of the Holy Spirit (John 14:26; 16:13; Romans 8:16; Isaiah 30:21).
- He opens and closes doors (2 Corinthians 2:12; Revelation 3:7).
- Where He guides He will provide the anointing and resources (1 John 2:27; Isaiah 58:11; Proverbs 3:5, 6; Matthew 7:7-11).
5) Abundant life is received through Holy Communion which represents the New Covenant we have in Christ (Matthew 26:28).
- We receive healing, deliverance, abundance and prosperity through the blood of Jesus (Isaiah 53:4, 5; Luke 4:18, 19).
6) Abundant life comes by living and walking in the Spirit (John 6:63; 15:5; Galatians 5:25).
- Holy Spirit comes and dwells within after salvation bringing victory and abundance (John 3:3-8; 14:16; Ephesians 1:13, 14).
- Holy Spirit comes upon with anointing and power (Acts 1:8; 2:38, 39).
- Holy Spirit gives gifts for ministry and power (1 Corinthians 12-14).
- The Spirit led life leads to wisdom, love and peace (Romans 8:14-17).
- Walking in abundant life means knowing who we are in Christ i.e. our identity, position, and inheritance.
- We are the children of God and in His family (John 1:12; Ephesians 2:19-22).
- We are joint heirs with Jesus Christ and seated with Him in a place of victory at the right hand of the father (Romans 8:17; Ephesians 1:20-23; 2:6; Colossians 3:1; 1 Peter 3:22).
(See https://alexiscarucci.com/2019/03/25/holy-spirit-brings-victory-and-abundance-part-one-indwelling-power; https://alexiscarucci.com/2019/04/01/holy-spirit-brings-anointing-and-power-part-two-in-filling-power; https://alexiscarucci.com/2019/04/08/holy-spirit-gives-gifts-part-three; https://alexiscarucci.com/2019/04/15/the-spirit-led-life-and-walking-in-the-spirit-brings-victory-and-abundance)
7) Walking in wisdom is the master key that leads to the abundant life (Proverbs 4:7).
- The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom and knowledge (Proverbs 9:10, 11).
- Godly wisdom is the foundation of everything that you need (Proverbs 3:7, 8).
- The wisdom of God shows us how to live life according to a correct knowledge of God (Romans 11:33).
8) Abundant life comes through the Blessing of God and the Blessing of Abraham we have through Christ (Galatians 3:29).
- God made man to carry THE BLESSING and be rich with His power (Genesis 1:28).
- To be BLESSED means to prosper and increase, as a result of God’s favor upon your life and it doesn’t depend on conditions (Genesis 26:12-14).
- THE BLESSING of Abraham was THE BLESSING of Adam (Genesis 12:1-3).
- We have access to THE BLESSING the Spirit promised Abraham through Christ and it is received and activated by faith (Romans 4:13-25; Galatians 3:7-14, 28-29).
- There is a condition to THE BLESSING however. We must diligently obey the voice of the Lord our God to observe His commandments (Deuteronomy 28:1).
- God wants His BLESSING to overtake us so that we can’t contain it (Deuteronomy 28:2).
Abundant life means walking in divine health, freedom, prosperity, peace, and safety. In the upcoming blogs, we are going to be looking at who Jesus is and what He has done for us!
Jesus said “The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.” John 10:10